The 85th Fallschirmjager Regiment Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  Log in  

Teamspeak not being used by Some new members.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Jac44

Jac44

Teamspeak not being used by Some new members. Empty
PostSubject: Teamspeak not being used by Some new members.   Teamspeak not being used by Some new members. EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 12:16 pm

Gentleman,

I have only been in this regiment for a couple of months now, but I am noticing something that is continually happening, especially in the daytime, and mostly within the last few weeks.

It seems that new members, or names I have never seen before (perhaps older players returning...I never checked the list) seem to be getting online, getting in game, and playing without the TS on. Now I can understand where some of them might not be set up to speak over the coms, but there is the advantage of hearing in, and yesterday's retaking of RIPS was one of those times. Having noticed the EWS going off in the town, Torren, Slimshot and a few others were the only ones who initially responded to my alert, yet I noticed close to 10 players online. After fighting back for the town for nearly an hour because of the lack of a more strengthened FF response (Yes we do make that much of a difference during the day), I noticed the others eventually coming over to the town and yet they were still not on TS. During the battle I attempted to take out a few minutes IMing those I noticed were in game and not on TS, but this seemed to do nothing for getting them together. I am not going to mention any names at this point because it probably isn't their fault.

I will speak to the CO if and when I see it becoming overtly difficult, but please....if you recruit someone new to the team, ensure that they have TS set up BEFORE they join. In this way there will be little problem in following the rules this great group has developed. I know before I joined Wolvie informed me of the rules and guidelines and I had everything in tow when I signed up.

!S
Back to top Go down
http://harvsite.info
pocheese

PostSubject: Re: Teamspeak not being used by Some new members.   Teamspeak not being used by Some new members. EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 1:48 pm

100% agree "It's in the Manual!"
Back to top Go down
Jac44

Jac44

PostSubject: Re: Teamspeak not being used by Some new members.   Teamspeak not being used by Some new members. EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 2:14 pm

pocheese wrote:
100% agree "It's in the Manual!"

Rgr that. I didn't mean to complain here it was just that I know FF has a long and positive reputation to keep. Many of the other groups look to us to help them in ops, and I would hate to see this begin to falter.

You know, come to think of it, years ago when I was in the GHC there was no one group TS channel. We had a hell of a time communicating between squads and it came down to a GHC fubar of massive proportions getting the various leaders within the break down Armies to be on the same page. I would spend hours running back and forth between the various channels, and whenever we posted a server for the teams to be on, many wouldn't have a clue as to how to use TS, no less feel as though anyone in the GHC cared about their input.

With the onset of this server there is no excuse and I'm really glad to see that CRS finally did this for the players.
Back to top Go down
Judge-FF

Judge-FF

PostSubject: Re: Teamspeak not being used by Some new members.   Teamspeak not being used by Some new members. EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 2:50 pm

Last weekend on saturday and early Sunday, I noted to Genthc how we have squaddies on, yet, team speak was not up. I think I rallied for more than hour, and I got excuses, 'i can't speak I have no mic' and such. That or got no responce at all. I added to the logon screen (the blue letters) to have TS up and running. I see that this is to no avail. As an NCO, if squaddies don't have their TS up, I can not cordinate actions to the squad to effectively take the fight to the enemy. If your one of the offenders....

Your making yourself useless.

If you don't like my harsh words, do something about it.

JUDGES START. UP PROCEEDURE:
when desktop is up, start TS first. Log in and get on FF Channel. Announce 'Judge on Channel'
scan channels to see where everyone is. Ask for the situation after greeting.

If you can not preform to have something as simple as be on TS, and you can't figure out why you seem not to be a part of things THIS WOULD BE WHY(duhhh).

Lastly, make sure the new guys know how to get to this site.

If this appears, after all of this, too much to ask, leave. Other groups do the same as us. Best of luck.
Back to top Go down
Jac44

Jac44

PostSubject: Re: Teamspeak not being used by Some new members.   Teamspeak not being used by Some new members. EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 3:06 pm

Thank you Judge for replying to this and thanks for the work you do in seeing that everyone gets the chance (at least) to be involved where it's necessary. Like yourself I find it sometimes difficult to wonder how it is someone can join a squad, have players continue to inform them day in and day out that TS is mandatory for them to be showing the Squad's ID as a member, and they continue to just play on without it.

You know what....Screw this...For now on ANY TIME I see someone who has the FF logo tagged to their name and not on TS, I will inform them they MUST have TS working to be in the squad, and if they do nothing about it, I will post it here.

Your words have incited a need for responsibility to contribute and I thank you for speaking up!

Jac
Back to top Go down
Judge-FF

Judge-FF

PostSubject: Re: Teamspeak not being used by Some new members.   Teamspeak not being used by Some new members. EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 3:16 pm

Words of wisdom, is that don't be too hard, but firm. Communtication should not be a compromise in battle. I would make note of who doesn't use TS for what reason, and simply watch and see what goes on before making a case of it. Me, I have been watching a few and see some repeat offenders, and soon ill probably IM a few other NCO's just to confirm this is an on going issue. I hate running to big daddy (RPW) every time we susspect things. Have proof, be to the point, and let him make a choice. He's our big sexy CO and has the last word.

I will say that it is the NCO's role as well as other squad mates to make sure everyone has basics down. I'm willing to always help a man out, even when I'm very tired, I give that one ounce more. People remember that, and usualy come back.

I'm not tollerant on having to spend an hour kicking new people in the ass to just have basics done.

That's why there will finaky be an FM (field manual) for noobs that us recruiters can hand out.

Back to top Go down
Wolviedk

Wolviedk

PostSubject: Re: Teamspeak not being used by Some new members.   Teamspeak not being used by Some new members. EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 7:24 pm

AMEN! to TS. I too have seen this. Comms is the key guys!! On another note I apologize for my absence lately as real life ( work ) and such and promotional testing a few weeks away and lots of fires out west have kept me from playing. I apologize to Jac the most as I told his ass to get back in game and yet I played only once with him in 2 months! Ok guys that is all see you guys soon!

Wolvie
Back to top Go down
Jac44

Jac44

PostSubject: Re: Teamspeak not being used by Some new members.   Teamspeak not being used by Some new members. EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 7:27 pm

One of the benefits of having had formed and developed a squad with my XO, WolvieDK in this game (for many years), was the understanding that new players need room to grow. The objective of any team should be just that....a team by which the standards are adhered too, but the fun cannot be ignored.

In the case where you see my little rant here, it was to actually make a point. We can stress the necessity of transition only so much, and then we find the breaking point and must make a decision either way. I totally agree with your perception on this and pray others in our Command feel the same.

Lastly, SWJ and the players who carried our colors meant a hell of a lot to me. We worked very closely together and found that when respect was shown it was returned in kind. It can be a tireless responsibility, but definitely one which is needed, in order to actually deserve the title, "elite." FF means this to me as well now and I know that once the newer members have the chance to learn by example, they too will feel the desire to get on TS, work as a team, and actually listen to Eggert curse the limey Allies full throttle. pirat
Back to top Go down
Jac44

Jac44

PostSubject: Re: Teamspeak not being used by Some new members.   Teamspeak not being used by Some new members. EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 7:29 pm

Wolviedk wrote:
AMEN! to TS. I too have seen this. Comms is the key guys!! On another note I apologize for my absence lately as real life ( work ) and such and promotional testing a few weeks away and lots of fires out west have kept me from playing. I apologize to Jac the most as I told his ass to get back in game and yet I played only once with him in 2 months! Ok guys that is all see you guys soon!

Wolvie

LOL! Excuses excuses....Get back in here and kill something!

See you soon Brother.

Back to top Go down
Wolviedk

Wolviedk

PostSubject: Re: Teamspeak not being used by Some new members.   Teamspeak not being used by Some new members. EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 7:32 pm

Jac44 wrote:
Wolviedk wrote:

Wolvie

LOL! Excuses excuses....Get back in here and kill something!

See you soon Brother.

I know I know!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Teamspeak not being used by Some new members.   Teamspeak not being used by Some new members. Empty

Back to top Go down

Teamspeak not being used by Some new members.
Page 1 of 1