The 85th Fallschirmjager Regiment Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  Log in  

AAR Haybes 14-07-12

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
vanhefty

vanhefty

AAR Haybes 14-07-12 Empty
PostSubject: AAR Haybes 14-07-12   AAR Haybes 14-07-12 EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 1:32 pm

Saturday afternoon PDT. sunny
We setup on Haybes. Walking fur's in from the FB Striker and I split, he south, me north. Laughing
The goal was to setup on the North CP by the river, and then bum rush the AB from South while we pushed the other Cps and kept the timer hot. Idea

I got in a great position where I could over see the entire town. cyclops We knew that there was light ews in town, it turned out to be a lone Blue Tag who had been there some time mucking about. Light EWS is not that big a deal, especially since there was no AO yet. Cool

I noticed another Blue Tag moving in towards the North of town. Shocked I pmed him and warned him that he was about to go into EWS range and asked him to setup his fru outside the 500m circle. affraid He did not respond and setup his fru at about 400m, this of course set off the HIGH EWS. Mad And I watched from the hill as the Allies immediately began spawning infantry. Sad By the time we got set and the AO dropped they were thoroughly encamped along the Northern edge of town. (He told me he was HC and not to Patronize him, ROFL lol! ).

I think the big lesson here is, make sure everyone on the target knows how to manage EWS. sunny scratch The ideal is to setup your fru about 1km out and have everyone ready and waiting to rush in in force when the AO is about to come down. Timing is pretty important. Because once the AO drops you have to wait 10 minutes before you can capture any cp. Best practice is to already be in place guarding your first CP BEFORE the AO is placed. BUT, you need to do that together, all at once, otherwise the Allies will be able to spawn up enough defence to kill off the attack as it trickles in.

Any way, I saw the pattern repeated all day yesterday. It was not a good day for the most part. But hopefully there were some lessons learned that we can apply in the future. flower

jocolor vanhefty
Back to top Go down
WStriker

WStriker

PostSubject: Re: AAR Haybes 14-07-12   AAR Haybes 14-07-12 EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 6:17 pm

Um, yeah. The next time they ask us to set up an op, and they don't have the patience or intelligence to do it right, we don't have to attach ourselves to their certain failure and can go do something else. They were dropping AOs 20 mins ahead of a para flight, setting off EWS w/o giving a damn, and monopolizing (at times) the AOs because "It's for a squad operation". Stupidity ran rampant enough that it drove eggert offline.
Back to top Go down
Judge-FF

Judge-FF

PostSubject: Re: AAR Haybes 14-07-12   AAR Haybes 14-07-12 EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 8:34 pm

WStriker wrote:
Um, yeah. The next time they ask us to set up an op, and they don't have the patience or intelligence to do it right, we don't have to attach ourselves to their certain failure and can go do something else. They were dropping AOs 20 mins ahead of a para flight, setting off EWS w/o giving a damn, and monopolizing (at times) the AOs because "It's for a squad operation". Stupidity ran rampant enough that it drove eggert offline.

Well, I would agree with that, I think that the three of us, Striker, Vanhefty and I were very fustrated last night. I might want to add to your AAR Vanhefty that me and Striker did a terrain exploration, so we could have a good understanding of the layout of town. Our mission sucesses in the future, I think would help when we scout the area's we go for first, if we DO know where an AO will go down. A two man team like Striker and I are very bennificial since there are no known terrain elevation maps, or such I'm aware of. Eyes on the target can get range, and see obsticals for the mission ahead.

That being said I'm going to transition my addition to the AAR to point out that a alleged SAMCRO controled hc/map control is a challenge I'm not in game for. Its reminding me of the allies version of doing things.
Back to top Go down
vanhefty

vanhefty

PostSubject: Re: AAR Haybes 14-07-12   AAR Haybes 14-07-12 EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 8:49 pm

It's why I left Allied HC in the first place.
THEY can, at times, be a bunch of bitchy little children fighting over a toy.

I agree, scouting ahead like you two did is brilliant. I used to do that on every AO and DO I was setting up when I was allied. But things have been moving much faster over here and I just haven't had the time to scout ahead before and AO comes down. Not being in the loop and all.

I like to plan ahead. Somewhere on line is a map of every town in the game. I'll see if I can find it again.
Back to top Go down
rpw1

rpw1

PostSubject: Re: AAR Haybes 14-07-12   AAR Haybes 14-07-12 EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 10:48 pm

It's to bad you guys planned and set up good missions than have them fucked over by egos. I know you guys are very careful in your set-ups and planning so it must have been very frustrating for you.
Back to top Go down
http://www.claymoremedia.com
vanhefty

vanhefty

PostSubject: Re: AAR Haybes 14-07-12   AAR Haybes 14-07-12 EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 2:01 am

Here it is!

The City Intel Wiki.
http://bemap.wikispot.org/Front_Page
Back to top Go down
Trifftnix

Trifftnix

PostSubject: Re: AAR Haybes 14-07-12   AAR Haybes 14-07-12 EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 2:12 am

Klick on town to get each layout.

http://battlegroundtools.com/current_map.php

http://www.lagus.org/webmap/

Happy planning - do I get invited now?
Back to top Go down
http://kali-fighter.de/
WStriker

WStriker

PostSubject: Re: AAR Haybes 14-07-12   AAR Haybes 14-07-12 EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 8:24 am

Those links look quite helpful. I'll check them out this afternoon in detail. Triff, you can come along if I happen to see you around. Don't be a stranger.
Back to top Go down
vanhefty

vanhefty

PostSubject: Re: AAR Haybes 14-07-12   AAR Haybes 14-07-12 EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 12:30 pm

Trifftnix, anytime you wanna come along, just hitch on!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: AAR Haybes 14-07-12   AAR Haybes 14-07-12 Empty

Back to top Go down

AAR Haybes 14-07-12
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The 85th Fallschirmjager Regiment Forums  :: General Chatter-
Jump to: