The 85th Fallschirmjager Regiment Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  Log in  

Anyone good making Sig`s ?? Or have cool sigs

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Viking

Viking

Anyone good making Sig`s ?? Or have cool sigs Empty
PostSubject: Anyone good making Sig`s ?? Or have cool sigs   Anyone good making Sig`s ?? Or have cool sigs EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 10:06 pm

"9-10 first lines a bit out of subject" Smile

Hey members and officers of 85th Fallschirmjager Regiment...

I am 35 year old guy from Norway, that got totaly hooked on WWIIOnline. That was easy. Man i love this game and its concept..
I am proud to say i just joined the squad FF.

I was very happy in my old squad 505th, where i have been since i started this game.. Starting on my year 4 now i think Smile
Anyway, the activety went down, and i was allmost going Lonewolf some nights. And i miss doing big Squad OPs, and teamplay with many/all players on TS.. So decided to switch squad. It was hard, left good friends there, that i have got to know last 3 years. And will still stay in contact with em..

So, as the swich was decided.
It was not hard to pick a squad to join.. FF stands out like a real great exemple of how a squad should be in this game.. So i have high hopes..
Well, that was a little about me..

Thread is Sig`s

In my old squad we all had sigs.. There we had the same basic on everyones sig, so it wasnt doubt that this was a 505th sig.
I liked it, we all had a little personal touch on the same basic..

Now its many ways to make a sig.

Thing is, i suck at it..

So i wondered, anyone real good making Sig`s, and have the time to make some..

Or anyone think its cool to have a Sig.???

It can be some plain and easy, or a real cool one with details and stuff..

Maybe one with same basic/background, then the players home countrys flag on one side(I dont know if you guys in Usa have own flags for each state? )

Anyway, like a little personal touch for each player, as a viking helmet in my case, under the flag.. The forums web site on the other side maybe... Of course our name and squad name on..

Many ways to do it of course..

In 505th, where i was before, we had the same sig all of us, or at least the basic/background, and the cross on the left with our own names in.
And all had the line under, with some words choisen by the player. Acctuly the " ohh yes, there will be blood" was my fiancè that came with, as she loves horror movies, and specaly the 2- first Saw movies.
A flag on the right side, i thought looked cool ( and i got a viking under my flag Smile I had a Panzer IV G on mine, some had planes, some a inf of some sorte and so on.. That worked out great..
That looks like this, just to show one way..

Anyone good making Sig`s ?? Or have cool sigs Vikingtest

Allso using a pic/pics like the one you padawan have on your sig there is cool...

This is the Pic i have been tryin on.. Anyone good making Sig`s ?? Or have cool sigs Welcome_26

But i struggle a bit with the Photoshop program. I suck Smile

Was gonna get a buddy to show me. But he is allways busy, workin with computer support, long hours. So not what he want to use his spare time on Smile
I will still try a bit on my own thought, to see if i get it..
I allmost had(a easy)one going before i fucked it up Smile with the Tiger pic, squad name and Viking..

The result : Looked like a plane crashe Smile But was just testing for 15 min.. I want it more detailed with layers, so i can glue on a flag, a Viking helmet and stuff like that.. And that isnt my strong side..

Now, remember this is just a test.. Smile
Anyone good making Sig`s ?? Or have cool sigs Sigtest

Allso tryed use this one : Anyone good making Sig`s ?? Or have cool sigs Flying11

with the thought that all had the same sig, with their own little personal touch and name on.. Kinda like the one on i had in 505th..

Well, as mention.
Its many ways to do it..

I have a Viking helmet i want to fit on, together with a Norwegian flag, and the squad name...

I am just throwing out suggestions here Smile Just to see what you guys meen, and/if there are some out there with great Sig skills Smile

I know Padawan knows how to make em.. Wink Others.. I know it might be muchwork for a guy or two to mke sigs for all.. But, i thought bring it up thought..

Maybe a easy cool Pic, and try "glue" some stuff to it, and maybe all should have this Anyone good making Sig`s ?? Or have cool sigs Flying11

Under it, or something, to make ALL sure that this is a FF player writing a replay on some forums, BE forums as an exemple Smile

I dont know.. At least we have a thread to write about it on now..

Will play a bit more with the photoshop program myself to, just to see if i can get down something, that looks like a Sig..

But i know i suck on these photoshop stuff..

Anyway.. Have to jump in bed. Work in 6 hours, ehh down to 5 now.

BTW "sorry, but i have a habit write some long posts sometimes Smile , ask Actrade, who was in 505th to before, he knows what i am talkin about, so i will try keep it shorter as in not book format everytime Wink "

salute FF
Back to top Go down
ohanselo
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Anyone good making Sig`s ?? Or have cool sigs   Anyone good making Sig`s ?? Or have cool sigs EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 10:25 pm

yeah guys if your artistic, would love to see some squad sigs =)
Back to top Go down
https://flyingfall.forumotion.com
no user

PostSubject: Re: Anyone good making Sig`s ?? Or have cool sigs   Anyone good making Sig`s ?? Or have cool sigs EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 5:27 am

Well i only made this one last night for myself, but i've already decided that i don't like it lol

My new theme will be a transparent based 109 overlayed name tag sig Smile

You shall see soon enough! lol
Back to top Go down
no user

PostSubject: Re: Anyone good making Sig`s ?? Or have cool sigs   Anyone good making Sig`s ?? Or have cool sigs EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 7:38 am

Aye there we go, much better imo Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Viking

Viking

PostSubject: Re: Anyone good making Sig`s ?? Or have cool sigs   Anyone good making Sig`s ?? Or have cool sigs EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 1:10 pm

There u go, nice sig... Just get on the squad name, but thats just details of course Smile

Me ike what i see...

Would love to get a Tiger, with 109 flyin over, my name, squad name, and a little Viking helmet on.. And a great touch a tiny norwegian flag on Wink It would rock n roll Smile

Dont panic now Wink But i will defently ask for some help Smile Still tryin a bit myself.. Would like to nailed on my self.. But i dont get this layers, and all this shit.. and how to glue the smal picturs together..

So we talk later bud Smile

Hope to see ya guys online later on.. Will catch some hours sleep now, so i am rested for a long night with fighting Smile

i will logg on around/between 10-11 am my time thats in 5- 6 hours... Hopeful i will get on earlyer.. But have to drive my sister to the Airport.. So not sure when back, but 10, i should bee on Smile

Later...

Great job on sig Padawan.. cheers
Back to top Go down
ohanselo
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Anyone good making Sig`s ?? Or have cool sigs   Anyone good making Sig`s ?? Or have cool sigs EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 3:25 am

FF-Padawan wrote:
Aye there we go, much better imo Very Happy

YOu are our go to guy when it comes to sigs.
Back to top Go down
no user

PostSubject: Re: Anyone good making Sig`s ?? Or have cool sigs   Anyone good making Sig`s ?? Or have cool sigs EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 6:01 am

Tack så mycker viking Wink

My best tip for learning how to layer and blend picture bits together is this:

1) Always make a new layer with every new piece you add, this makes it easier to chop and change the whole design later if/when needed. Theres nothing worse than wanting to delete something and finding out that you left it on a layer with lets say, a tank, that you want to keep! You can never have enough layers! Smile Also you can merge them later for easy overall colour adjustments later if you want to.

2) When blending a picture to another picture, zoom into pixel mode (as close as the zoomer will go) and use the blur and paint functions accordingly. Zoom out to "view actual pixel" mode often to see how it will look and never underestimate the impact of even a tiny flaw in your work, sure others may not see it but i assure you it will grind you into insanity if you know theres an annoying tiny fault in your picture! lol

For example, if you take my signiture here as a template to explain this, you see the top of the Panzer IV G where its turret roof meets the cloud line? There is actually a seem there, and ontop of that if you look behind the tank, in the background as it were, it is slightly blurred... That is actually a field and loads of accompanying german infantry in a real 1940's photo from google images, but they weren't part of the theme i was trying to get so i simply used the blur function and spent time trying to make it look like the tank is the main feature and the background is blurred, irrelevant and in the distant background!

If you actually examine my signiture in minute detail you will be able to see some minute flaws in my work... Look at the most distant Heinkel-111, see its right wing? Looks abit blurred right? Thats because its manually drawn by me as the picture i got it from ended with 1 of his wings cut off, from a distance it looks like the wing is in the cloud line and simply flying through thick weather but upclose you see it is actually pencil drawn compared to the photo-pixels on the left wing and all other heinkel wings...

Also the left wing (closest to the P of Padawan in my name) on the 109 is self drawn, using the right wing as a template... Alot of photoshop is just about decieving the eye unless you have a masters degree in how to use every single function of the program which i certainly don't have lol. So i spend alot of time painting individual pixels with a 1x1 brush until i see no flaws from "actual pixel" view, which is always more than enough to get by on forums signitures!

Not sure if any of that will make sense but good luck with your design, if you want me to have a go just give me a shout, though as you said, its much better when you've accomplished it yourself so i will give you as many tips as i can!

Regards flower

:EDIT:

Forgot 1 thing, very important... SAVE AS PSD FOR EVERY NEW MAJOR CHANGE THAT YOU DO! THIS WILL SAVE YOUR HARD WORK FROM BEING WASTED IF DISASTER STRIKES!!!
Back to top Go down
no user

PostSubject: Re: Anyone good making Sig`s ?? Or have cool sigs   Anyone good making Sig`s ?? Or have cool sigs EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 6:13 am

Actually telling you about those flaws made me really itchy to fix them, so they are now fixed lol

No more blurred/fuzzy P4G barrel end,

No more fuzzy right HE-111 wing,

No more lack of cloud outline to HE-111 frame,

Thanks man lol
Back to top Go down
ohanselo
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Anyone good making Sig`s ?? Or have cool sigs   Anyone good making Sig`s ?? Or have cool sigs EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 11:58 am

FF-Padawan wrote:
Actually telling you about those flaws made me really itchy to fix them, so they are now fixed lol

No more blurred/fuzzy P4G barrel end,

No more fuzzy right HE-111 wing,

No more lack of cloud outline to HE-111 frame,

Thanks man lol

If you would put FF- on them when you use the WWII Online forums that would be awsome. But could you make me one paddy? Something with paratroopers, Messerschmidt the whole deal, yours is amazing. I would like for you to teach me that artistic touch sometime. Anyway FF CO ohanselo has to be there somewhere lol. And if you can, the website on the bottom. www.flyingfall.com
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone good making Sig`s ?? Or have cool sigs   Anyone good making Sig`s ?? Or have cool sigs Empty

Back to top Go down

Anyone good making Sig`s ?? Or have cool sigs
Page 1 of 1