The 85th Fallschirmjager Regiment Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  Log in  

TOE Changes

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
vanhefty

vanhefty

TOE Changes Empty
PostSubject: TOE Changes   TOE Changes EmptySat Aug 09, 2014 8:44 pm

The latest TOE changes really only affect the axis side. Yes, we retain ATR and Mortar and Grenadier, but we lose semis in 8 of our 37 brigades. That means we have 29 semi brigades vs their 36 semi brigades. So, Americans come in and we are now not only out numbered but also out gunned. I frankly don't see a way forward for the Axis side under the new TOE.
I am seriously considering unsubscribing. I'm just getting tired of DOCs game. It's just not fun to spawn in and get overwhelmed by masses of autos and semis.
Back to top Go down
Judge-FF

Judge-FF

TOE Changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: TOE Changes   TOE Changes EmptySun Aug 10, 2014 10:42 am

Well I'm sort of befuddled when I read the post on Docs words and all. Ya know, this wouldn't be much of a problem if we didn't contend with the fact we know weapons on the axis side are deliberately not effective as the should be. I keep telling myself that that just goes to show how much on a razors edge the real Axis could of won. But this game is harsh on its learning curve. Now being axis and struggling with this as an experienced player and feeling the heart burn raise...well...I can only imagine what the new ones think.
As for HC, this will tell who is good at map real quick.
Really this should be released in with a new name. "Doc's War". Idk it's bad enough when I was very pissed off in a hurricane IIB and live through AA A at AF without a problem multiple times cause it took 5 min to start firing. Then never hit. Hmmm. Intermission always brings out the "bugs".
This crap like this dooms the axis players into a focused always to lose mindset. Then what? Make Delems CinC and that will work.
Back to top Go down
vanhefty

vanhefty

TOE Changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: TOE Changes   TOE Changes EmptySun Aug 10, 2014 12:50 pm

The problem is that the allies have won the last 4 maps. So where is the imbalance that DOC needed to fix?
This last map we've had nothing but problems. Low player pop most of the time; untrained officers at the map; strong defensive mind set on all sides.

The cut that was made just should never have happened. Instead of cutting the snake, HC tried to get in front of it. Seriously? A one city wide snake and you have to get INFRONT??? WTF! And then, we had an entire division in position to cut the entire snake at Spontin. I proposed AO, would have taken 2 cities and their snake would be cut. I go to work, come back an hour later and someone has moved the brigades away from Spontin further along the snake. The ccut is now no longer possible, and they placed an AO Hermeskeil. Seriously? WTF for? Baffled me completely.

Now, we have 8 brigades with no Semis. We are left with 29 brigades with semis, 3 of those FJ. They have 36 with Semis, all of those American Brigades. And the Brit Rifles are Enfields, in game they fire 15 accurate rounds per minute and kill with single shots. Our KAR fires 10-12. Yup, I'm disgusted with the changes.
Back to top Go down
Judge-FF

Judge-FF

TOE Changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: TOE Changes   TOE Changes EmptySun Aug 10, 2014 1:32 pm

Well what can I really say. I wasn't exactly killing running the map but my priorities were simple. By the time I left off by slowing them down to push through Rips, that worked cause I didn't see anything proactive being done. Defense of Eindhoven worked, and slowly turned us into attacking force.

Hey, but when our CinC and his XO are playing a different game on TS and decide they don't have to work too hard at this campaign, I really don't care what's done to brigades. Our HC at the very top has phoned it in.

I was told I was the most active reservist in game, to date. More active than any of them. Not sure since I do see Nily around. Idk. Part of this game being axis is actually fighting disabled, and overall beating the allies with our woefully crippled supply and winning.
Back to top Go down
Rossco

Rossco

TOE Changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: TOE Changes   TOE Changes EmptySun Aug 10, 2014 11:14 pm

So not only do the allies get more semi-autos, the ones they get are extremely overpowered. Was rollin' in a 232 at Aachen, I was gonna cover the EAB so friendlies could recap. Lolnope. EI started shooting at me from about 50m with a semi-auto, killed my entire crew. Ranted about it in side chat, had a Rat PM me and basically tell me I'm an HC officer, I have to shut my mouth. This shit is getting real old.
Back to top Go down
vanhefty

vanhefty

TOE Changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: TOE Changes   TOE Changes EmptySun Aug 10, 2014 11:49 pm

Try doing that to pantard, 20mm armour max, or a DAC 12mm. Vs 232 20mm
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

TOE Changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: TOE Changes   TOE Changes Empty

Back to top Go down

TOE Changes