HomeHome  RegisterRegister  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 

[Op Suggestion] Zone of Control

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
LoveW

PostSubject: [Op Suggestion] Zone of Control   Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:56 pm

I've noticed lately that alot of attacks just involve a bunch of inf and armor lone wolfing into the towns and getting dicked.

Maybe instead of us helping a town capture CPs we try controlling a zone around the town.

The tactic is pretty obvious, easy, effective and will net us lots of "lols" at the enemies expense.

UNITS NEEDED: Tanks, Infantry, ATG

OBJECTIVE: Secure zone outside of town for axis to safely ant trail from without being ganked by enemy lone wolves.

DEPLOYMENT:
- 2+ infantry PER tank (very important, if we dont have 2+ infantry for a tank then don't spawn that tank) (preferably mission leaders)
- Mission leaders can ride tank in or ride on the opel if anyone is towing an ATG.
- We set up outside of town about 1.5km of a good ant trail area
- Once we are set up we slowly move into town, infantry leading the way with binoculars to call targets
- Once we reach a good final area (usually 500m-1km outside of town) we just chill out there and do the following:
INFANTRY) Covers tanks from sappers, watches flanks with binoculars
TANKS/ATG) monitors axis ant trails and makes sure troops funneling into town remain safe
- NEVER advance deeper into the town or break up from the group.

It may sound like it could be boring but its actually alot of fun. Think about it, every time we attack a town we see lone wolf panzers and other EI getting mauled by a lone panhard or something. If we control the area we will be able to blow stuff up by all shooting at the same thing at the same time. We will also get to gank infantry trying to blow up tanks.

We will probably get more kills & laughs doing this than being inside of the town.

What do you think?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
eggert

PostSubject: Re: [Op Suggestion] Zone of Control   Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:53 pm

The key here is adequate planning. In order to pull this off effectively, more squads than just us need to be involved. A single squad would only be able to field a small handful of tanks with supporting infantry. Additionally, each squad that is involved needs to have an assigned area of responsibility. For example, if four squads (designed A through D) were participating, squad A could be assigned to FB duty (destroying enemy FB's and keeping our FB's up), squad B could be assigned to bring in armor/artillery supported by infantry, squad C could be assigned to provide close air support, and squad D could be assigned to lead the main infantry assault on the target.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ohanselo
Admin

PostSubject: Re: [Op Suggestion] Zone of Control   Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:26 pm

Lovewing wrote:
I've noticed lately that alot of attacks just involve a bunch of inf and armor lone wolfing into the towns and getting dicked.

Maybe instead of us helping a town capture CPs we try controlling a zone around the town.

The tactic is pretty obvious, easy, effective and will net us lots of "lols" at the enemies expense.

UNITS NEEDED: Tanks, Infantry, ATG

OBJECTIVE: Secure zone outside of town for axis to safely ant trail from without being ganked by enemy lone wolves.

DEPLOYMENT:
- 2+ infantry PER tank (very important, if we dont have 2+ infantry for a tank then don't spawn that tank) (preferably mission leaders)
- Mission leaders can ride tank in or ride on the opel if anyone is towing an ATG.
- We set up outside of town about 1.5km of a good ant trail area
- Once we are set up we slowly move into town, infantry leading the way with binoculars to call targets
- Once we reach a good final area (usually 500m-1km outside of town) we just chill out there and do the following:
INFANTRY) Covers tanks from sappers, watches flanks with binoculars
TANKS/ATG) monitors axis ant trails and makes sure troops funneling into town remain safe
- NEVER advance deeper into the town or break up from the group.

It may sound like it could be boring but its actually alot of fun. Think about it, every time we attack a town we see lone wolf panzers and other EI getting mauled by a lone panhard or something. If we control the area we will be able to blow stuff up by all shooting at the same thing at the same time. We will also get to gank infantry trying to blow up tanks.

We will probably get more kills & laughs doing this than being inside of the town.

What do you think?

I agree with Eggert, we may be a large squad but a group of 12 guys can't be expected to take a town. I do agree with this tactic though, and even though we do mainly focus on FB's & Softcaps we should do this once in a while. This would not only be a lot of fun, but get us involved and working together efficiently. We are really lacking the proper training to be as effective as we could be.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://flyingfall.forumotion.com
LoveW

PostSubject: Re: [Op Suggestion] Zone of Control   Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:28 pm

Yes, I realize a single squad can only do so much. In my experience (played with Sturmgrenadier years ago with 50+ people on nightly) we definitely have our stuff together and get shit done.

I am talking about the Axis zerg (people not in squads / lone wolfs). The normal axis assault is usually guys ant trailing and no one defending the area that they are running through. What usually happens is ET and EI lone wolfs start heading towards the fru and murders our inf and the fru, slowing the attack.

The proposal of this tactic is just to help defend the axis zerg. When the zerg can get into town they are safer than when ant trailing in.

When we don't have the chance to work with other squads it may be best to try to work with the zerg. Plus we'd get plenty of action, the enemy always rushes out to kill the FRU.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ohanselo
Admin

PostSubject: Re: [Op Suggestion] Zone of Control   Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:12 pm

Lovewing wrote:
Yes, I realize a single squad can only do so much. In my experience (played with Sturmgrenadier years ago with 50+ people on nightly) we definitely have our stuff together and get shit done.

I am talking about the Axis zerg (people not in squads / lone wolfs). The normal axis assault is usually guys ant trailing and no one defending the area that they are running through. What usually happens is ET and EI lone wolfs start heading towards the fru and murders our inf and the fru, slowing the attack.

The proposal of this tactic is just to help defend the axis zerg. When the zerg can get into town they are safer than when ant trailing in.

When we don't have the chance to work with other squads it may be best to try to work with the zerg. Plus we'd get plenty of action, the enemy always rushes out to kill the FRU.

true statement. Lovewing when your on lets give this a try, I am always open to new ideas. besides the game has soo many ways to improvise and try new things so I am always down.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://flyingfall.forumotion.com
WStriker

PostSubject: Re: [Op Suggestion] Zone of Control   Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:10 pm

Have a forward base of operations that is relatively secure is quite important to a successful assault or defense, as we witnessed at Grandpre not long ago. We need to work on this more, and cooperate with any available squads that are willing to join us. We'd wipe the walls with the enemy then. Add in some proper air support and we'd be golden.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Viking

PostSubject: Re: [Op Suggestion] Zone of Control   Sat Jan 14, 2012 5:26 pm

ZOC is a great foothold.. Needed: Guns: Paks, 88s, Bofores.. Fru(important, to have inf at ZOC) Engineers bulding GE= Gun Emplacments, And PnZ`s..

A controlled supply line between FB and ZOC..

Take out enemy heavy ETs and guns with our 88s, paks and Bofores. Use inf to guard guns and PnZs...

When good ZOC is under control, start oush inf and PnZs to town, with Guns as support fire, and inf as PnZ support..

Well, and so on.. One of my thoughts Smile

I got more on my mind scratch

But i throw it in when i can present it better..

!S from Viking

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Op Suggestion] Zone of Control   

Back to top Go down

[Op Suggestion] Zone of Control
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1