The 85th Fallschirmjager Regiment Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  Log in  

[Suggestion] Squad Op Participation Rules

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
LoveW

LoveW

[Suggestion] Squad Op Participation Rules Empty
PostSubject: [Suggestion] Squad Op Participation Rules   [Suggestion] Squad Op Participation Rules EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 2:41 pm

I've noticed that sometimes when we have someone on leading an op that not everyone in channel is playing part in the operation. This causes communications confusion, reduces our man power and reduces camaraderie. It's useless for us to hear the comms of people that aren't with the group.

I have a suggestion:

When we have someone leading an operation (Example: Ohan, or anyone else who steps up) then everyone in channel should do one of the following:

A) Drop what they're doing and join up with the team

B) Maintain radio silence or leave channel until joining up with the team.

The more guys we have in one area the better. If we adopt these rules it will make it easier for guys who want to play with the bulk of the squad.
Back to top Go down
ohanselo
Admin

PostSubject: Re: [Suggestion] Squad Op Participation Rules   [Suggestion] Squad Op Participation Rules EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 5:23 pm

LW wrote:
I've noticed that sometimes when we have someone on leading an op that not everyone in channel is playing part in the operation. This causes communications confusion, reduces our man power and reduces camaraderie. It's useless for us to hear the comms of people that aren't with the group.

I have a suggestion:

When we have someone leading an operation (Example: Ohan, or anyone else who steps up) then everyone in channel should do one of the following:

A) Drop what they're doing and join up with the team

B) Maintain radio silence or leave channel until joining up with the team.

The more guys we have in one area the better. If we adopt these rules it will make it easier for guys who want to play with the bulk of the squad.

I am just curious LW but are ya in the squad? dont mind the question lol.
Back to top Go down
https://flyingfall.forumotion.com
LoveW

LoveW

PostSubject: Re: [Suggestion] Squad Op Participation Rules   [Suggestion] Squad Op Participation Rules EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 6:42 pm

lovewing, probably shouldve made that my user name
Back to top Go down
eggert

eggert

PostSubject: Re: [Suggestion] Squad Op Participation Rules   [Suggestion] Squad Op Participation Rules EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 8:48 pm

Also, when starting a new operation:

• When starting a new operation, give everyone adequate advance notice to join up.
  • When ending an operation (perhaps to start a new one), give everyone adequate notice that the operation is ending, so they don't waste their time.

I spent an hour last night playing "catch up". By the time I reached the fight, everyone had run off to the next one. This happened several times in a row and was very frustrating.
Back to top Go down
ohanselo
Admin

PostSubject: Re: [Suggestion] Squad Op Participation Rules   [Suggestion] Squad Op Participation Rules EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 9:18 pm

LW wrote:
lovewing, probably shouldve made that my user name
haha I will change it for ya.
Back to top Go down
no user

PostSubject: Re: [Suggestion] Squad Op Participation Rules   [Suggestion] Squad Op Participation Rules EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 11:02 am

100% agree with LoveWing and Eggerts comments here.

Also, no matter what ranks might be inside the mission, the Mission Leader of that particular mission, is the boss and has the final say until he/she stands down.

The way i see it, the mission leader should be the one that knows exactly what the plan is, therefore they are da boss! What a Face Like a Star @ heaven elephant
Back to top Go down
ohanselo
Admin

PostSubject: Re: [Suggestion] Squad Op Participation Rules   [Suggestion] Squad Op Participation Rules EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 4:19 pm

Yeah eggert I am really sorry about that lately, I have been kinda throwing you under the bus lately. I think these rules should be a standard and we will go over this protocol during the weekend when we have our training operation. Great job Lovewing & Eggert.
Back to top Go down
LoveW

LoveW

PostSubject: Proper Combat Communication over Teamspeak.    [Suggestion] Squad Op Participation Rules EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 8:17 pm

Proper Combat Communication over Teamspeak.

- One chief per mission, they are the only person to command the squad over voice comms. If you don't want to participate then feel free to get off comms and lone wolf.

- If you aren't the leader but you want to make a command suggestion then DON'T do it over comms, instead .m it to the leader. This creates less confusion and doesn't lower morale.

- "Battle Comms" when the leader declares "Battle Comms" (or whatever else you want to call it) this means that voice comms is ONLY to be used for mission critical stuff. ((This doesn't mean we cant have fun over comms, we can still make a hilarious quip after 10 of us vaporize a lone french man to pieces in a CP.)) Normal comms can be commenced after the leader says so.
BATTLE COMM ETIQUETTE
- No complaining (dying/bugs/got owned way too hard/etc)
- No general chit chat
- No tech support chit chat (Ask via text chat then you can meet someone in the tech help TS channel. If it is urgent then feel free to use comms)

- "Command Break" if anyone hears this they are to stop transmitting immediately.

- Clear reports - This is something everyone has to get used to. You cant call contacts like "EI next to me", you need to always include your name in your transmission and the direction of the target. This takes awhile to get used to so if you slip up or anyone else slips up then you ought to remind them. (This isn't really a rule, just a good practice for us to try to get used to -- it is easy to slip up in the heat of the moment though)

The rules aren't meant for ruining any fun or friendship. It is just very vital that we have clear and relevant comms during a battle. It's no big deal if someone slips up and breaks a rule. If they do then the commander ought to call them out on it either via .m or voice chat.

All members should read the chosen rules. All members should also agree that there are no hard feelings for being called out on for breaking a comms rule. The rules are just to make the game more fun by making voice comms more useful.

ALL rules should be posted in our TS Channel info area if possible. Its important that anyone entering the channel be able to easily reference it.
Back to top Go down
ohanselo
Admin

PostSubject: Re: [Suggestion] Squad Op Participation Rules   [Suggestion] Squad Op Participation Rules EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 8:37 pm

This is so good, im stickying it.
Back to top Go down
Rossco

Rossco

PostSubject: Re: [Suggestion] Squad Op Participation Rules   [Suggestion] Squad Op Participation Rules EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 8:39 pm

This IS good, should be put in effect.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Suggestion] Squad Op Participation Rules   [Suggestion] Squad Op Participation Rules Empty

Back to top Go down

[Suggestion] Squad Op Participation Rules
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The 85th Fallschirmjager Regiment Forums  :: General Chatter-
Jump to: