The 85th Fallschirmjager Regiment Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  Log in  

Idea for a New Tactic (Wrong Thread, it just didn't seem right putting this idea up there)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Corbec

Idea for a New Tactic (Wrong Thread, it just didn't seem right putting this idea up there) Empty
PostSubject: Idea for a New Tactic (Wrong Thread, it just didn't seem right putting this idea up there)   Idea for a New Tactic (Wrong Thread, it just didn't seem right putting this idea up there) EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 12:22 am

On the night of Tuesday, January 3rd, Eggert and I walked (or rolled, rather) straight into an ambush set-up at a sharp turn on the road between our Vehicle Depot and the engagement zone. Since then, I've been thinking of all the practical ways this could be useful. The problem with the ambush Eggert and I sprigged, was that they had only one or two infantry units and a Cannon of some sort set up to disable and/or destroy our armor before we could reach the engagement zone, and it worked pretty well all things considered. They had taken into account that any armor we wanted to move would have to use that turn, and set up accordingly in the surrounding foliage. What I'm proposing is that the FF (being primarily paratroops/glider Infantry, and Force Recon from most of the Ops I've been on) work more on ambushes like this. What I've done in the squad has been great, but this is one of the simplest and often overlooked aspect of Warfare. In summary, I think that the Flying Fallschirmjager should practice more ground Infantry based tactics, so that primarily Infantryman, like myself, have something to work on while the glider pilots work on their tactics. Thoughts, comments, and such would be gretly appreciated. I'm sorry if it got kind of jumbled, i'm kinda...um...not in my right mind.
Back to top Go down
knifur

knifur

Idea for a New Tactic (Wrong Thread, it just didn't seem right putting this idea up there) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Idea for a New Tactic (Wrong Thread, it just didn't seem right putting this idea up there)   Idea for a New Tactic (Wrong Thread, it just didn't seem right putting this idea up there) EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 1:42 pm

This tactic is often used with those using double accounts or tow-account. However working together with 5-6 is fun and thrilling when it works, the ideal group is a bunch of squaddies together on Ts3.

A perfect setup is 1-2 88’s a smaller pak 38 or 40 together with a bofors. 2-3 LMG’s and only do hit and runs. The use and primary objective is to set 2-3 different ZOC and switch between them after each engagement, to try disorienting enemy about the location of the ZOC.

Im more than willing to hand out in a mission like this if needed.
Back to top Go down
ohanselo
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Idea for a New Tactic (Wrong Thread, it just didn't seem right putting this idea up there)   Idea for a New Tactic (Wrong Thread, it just didn't seem right putting this idea up there) EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 5:04 pm

Corbec wrote:
On the night of Tuesday, January 3rd, Eggert and I walked (or rolled, rather) straight into an ambush set-up at a sharp turn on the road between our Vehicle Depot and the engagement zone. Since then, I've been thinking of all the practical ways this could be useful. The problem with the ambush Eggert and I sprigged, was that they had only one or two infantry units and a Cannon of some sort set up to disable and/or destroy our armor before we could reach the engagement zone, and it worked pretty well all things considered. They had taken into account that any armor we wanted to move would have to use that turn, and set up accordingly in the surrounding foliage. What I'm proposing is that the FF (being primarily paratroops/glider Infantry, and Force Recon from most of the Ops I've been on) work more on ambushes like this. What I've done in the squad has been great, but this is one of the simplest and often overlooked aspect of Warfare. In summary, I think that the Flying Fallschirmjager should practice more ground Infantry based tactics, so that primarily Infantryman, like myself, have something to work on while the glider pilots work on their tactics. Thoughts, comments, and such would be gretly appreciated. I'm sorry if it got kind of jumbled, i'm kinda...um...not in my right mind.

I reallly like this idea. Moace actually mentioned something like this before, but based more on the Axis Side. I do agree with your Corbec. The squad is very good at the simple stuff, but even last night you could tell our organization, even though better than the other squads, is simply not as good as it could be. We fail to capture CP's because we don't have a plan unless I, or another officer command someone to a position. We must work on this, this is a fault that if corrected could truely make us a much better squad and 10x more effective. The best way to do this is obviously training and I am really glad you have mentioned this corbec, I have been thinking about this myself =)
Back to top Go down
https://flyingfall.forumotion.com
WStriker

WStriker

PostSubject: Re: Idea for a New Tactic (Wrong Thread, it just didn't seem right putting this idea up there)   Idea for a New Tactic (Wrong Thread, it just didn't seem right putting this idea up there) EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 8:13 pm

It's not a bad idea at all, especially when you can use it to lock down approaches to a contested town from an enemy FB. I've thought about using armored cars and lighter tanks in such ambushes, letting the big stuff roll by and nailing the trucks running out frus and guns. Very workable.
Back to top Go down
Corbec

PostSubject: Re: Idea for a New Tactic (Wrong Thread, it just didn't seem right putting this idea up there)   Idea for a New Tactic (Wrong Thread, it just didn't seem right putting this idea up there) EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 10:56 pm

So it is written, so it shal be. let my will be done. I think this calls for the forum's calendar to setup tactic training...and maybe a NCO school. The squad stops function properly when Ohan, or one of the other more aggressive squad members, logs off.
Back to top Go down
ohanselo
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Idea for a New Tactic (Wrong Thread, it just didn't seem right putting this idea up there)   Idea for a New Tactic (Wrong Thread, it just didn't seem right putting this idea up there) EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 9:23 pm

Corbec wrote:
So it is written, so it shal be. let my will be done. I think this calls for the forum's calendar to setup tactic training...and maybe a NCO school. The squad stops function properly when Ohan, or one of the other more aggressive squad members, logs off.

I will bring that up, next time there are a lot of members on.
Back to top Go down
https://flyingfall.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Idea for a New Tactic (Wrong Thread, it just didn't seem right putting this idea up there)   Idea for a New Tactic (Wrong Thread, it just didn't seem right putting this idea up there) Empty

Back to top Go down

Idea for a New Tactic (Wrong Thread, it just didn't seem right putting this idea up there)
Page 1 of 1