The 85th Fallschirmjager Regiment Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  Log in  

AAR - Aarshot 1/20/2013

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Judge-FF

Judge-FF

AAR - Aarshot 1/20/2013 Empty
PostSubject: AAR - Aarshot 1/20/2013   AAR - Aarshot 1/20/2013 EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 3:57 am

So as any epic plan goes, have to write about if it worked or not.

Well, it did in theory work, and process, but over all, not enough people.

Aarshot

AO was down, all cp's were Allied. I formulated a plan to para drop on this town, in the center of three converging points;
The AB to the west
The City cp, to the east
A Cp to the south

The plan was this;

Plane, above 5km , coast in from a grid and half to two grids out. I wanted the para drop to be 1km above city elevation, only SMG/LMG's on mission.

Target: All converge onto City CP first, then Hefty and his two would go to the AB, as me and jkg went to Aarshot-Diest to take that from them.

Reason: To get an AB team camping, while the divergence of taking the Aarshot-Diest CP would capture thier spawnable, and creat a ruckus. The AB would fall, and make it easier to take the remaining 2 cp's. One in the north, one in the south. Typical "Chestbuster" move.

The para drop was done from a high altittude to give time for the para's to turn and drive themselves into position, so that they could have time to manipulate and land saftely on the targeted area. No excuses! The FF is a parachute regiment, and should be able to hit thier mark. We also jumped high so we would gain the upper hand in not setting off EWS on our arrival, rather, we capped the city cp THEN it went off. timming was perfect on this, as we were unresisted in our landing, gathering, and then ei showed up very slowly at first. What hurt us was there wasn't enough people on to make this a great jump, but, I will attribute these facts for the record;
1.) more than a grid out north, climbing high to 5km then cutting the engines to drift into the grid where we were to jump kept us hidden from allied air
2.) the jump at 1km above city elevation, kept us from triggering off EWS
3.) complete suprise, no resitance from ground forces until near the end of the cap
4.) the converging and gathering right away; as soon as boots were on the ground and meters green, we were all in the cp in almost 50 seconds of hitting the ground
5.) everything was explained clearly, everyone had a job, and it was important!

Bad points on this mission:
1.) not enough people in on the mission.

Back to top Go down
LoveW

LoveW

PostSubject: Re: AAR - Aarshot 1/20/2013   AAR - Aarshot 1/20/2013 EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 4:34 am

Was a good jump and the far off gliding made it stealthy -- was a lot of fun even for 5 people.

Wouldn't have worked if the town had defenders since we were in the air for a good minute.

In the future lets try out attempting to glide while above the first cloud layer so no halo can be viewed from town then diving hard ontop of the target, pulling the flaps and straightening the plane out once min drop alt is reached -- gives a brief 5-10s window for jump until the stick can't hold the plane level.

I know you like test flying the JU offline, try it out some time -- I have a few times and it seems like a pretty badass way to precisely drop onto a target. The plane is only visible for a few moments and is completely silent until it slams into the ground. If you'd like to test this some time we can do it at an airfield and ill load a para in to make sure we figure out a good alt/speed/jump window
Back to top Go down
Judge-FF

Judge-FF

PostSubject: Re: AAR - Aarshot 1/20/2013   AAR - Aarshot 1/20/2013 EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 4:51 am

i have a way to get all my para's on target, and i've done it with they boys before. I glide in, about 200 meters above where we usualy drop. I'll suddenly hit full flaps and tell them to jump and the plane just stays almost stopped in the air for about 4 to 5 seconds before it stalls. this makes all the seeds go in a tight group and low bail out. works out just fine. its one of many ways that work.
Back to top Go down
LoveW

LoveW

PostSubject: Re: AAR - Aarshot 1/20/2013   AAR - Aarshot 1/20/2013 EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 6:41 am

Aye, wasn't saying anything was bad about that style of drop -- it was a lot of fun.

It's just that this para jump reminded me of a para method I tested once and I wanted to go ahead and share it here. I posted a thread here about it so I don't hijack this one

https://flyingfall.forumotion.com/t510-90-degree-para-drop#2316
Back to top Go down
vanhefty

vanhefty

PostSubject: Re: AAR - Aarshot 1/20/2013   AAR - Aarshot 1/20/2013 EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 12:58 pm

Next up:

We try both methods of para drop.
and I want to point out that that town already EI in it as we dropped.
They were totally focused on the friendly blue tags out to the east though, and because our drop was high and silent, they missed it altogether.
IT was a 100% successful drop!
Imagine if we had 20 guys on that drop?
We would have had the town, despite the AO being over an hour old.
I think this is going to be a major new tool in our belt.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: AAR - Aarshot 1/20/2013   AAR - Aarshot 1/20/2013 Empty

Back to top Go down

AAR - Aarshot 1/20/2013
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The 85th Fallschirmjager Regiment Forums  :: General Chatter-
Jump to: