HomeHome  RegisterRegister  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 

AAR Andene

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
vanhefty

PostSubject: AAR Andene   Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:51 pm

Well, for those who were there . . .
We setup on andenne before the AO was dropped.
DDZ and Samcro were going to take the south and north approaches with heavy guns and armour.
FF was going to storm the castle.
We got 7 fru's up before the AO came down, though only just.
Somehow they already had a good spawn of boots in play. I suspect they were expecting us to AO Andenne because it was a great target and would have opened up a big hole. In any case, by the time we started to move from the frus into town the approaches on the south were totally covered by armour.
Unfortunately, neither DDZ nor Samcro got any big guns in place, and there was nothing we do about the armour.
Attack was dead in less than 10 minutes.

Lesson: Whenever we setup an attack in the future, we are going to be setting up your own cover guns.
DDZ and Samcro did a good job of putting feet on the ground and armour in the area, but without the ATGs to cover it was a non started.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
vanhefty

PostSubject: Re: AAR Andene   Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:52 pm

Just to be clear, I'm not critizing DDZ or Samcro. They did an excellent job getting us support, but I could have coordinated a lot better and made sure we or they had the guns on the hills, rather than just assuming that they would be able to do it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

AAR Andene
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The 85th Fallschirmjager Regiment Forums  :: General Chatter-
Jump to: