The 85th Fallschirmjager Regiment Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  Log in  

The new FF Field Manual

Go down 
+5
rpw1
vanhefty
eggert
pocheese
Judge-FF
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Judge-FF

Judge-FF

The new FF Field Manual  Empty
PostSubject: The new FF Field Manual    The new FF Field Manual  EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 1:06 am

https://sites.google.com/site/ww2olff/field-manuals

this is a downlable version of PDF for ALL to review

Please comment if you will on this below!

Back to top Go down
pocheese

PostSubject: Re: The new FF Field Manual    The new FF Field Manual  EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 1:42 am

I will be available throughout the day this Saturday and Sunday at different times and will be able to field any questions you may have on TeamSpeak.

Back to top Go down
pocheese

PostSubject: Re: The new FF Field Manual    The new FF Field Manual  EmptyWed Oct 03, 2012 7:50 pm

?
Back to top Go down
eggert

eggert

PostSubject: Re: The new FF Field Manual    The new FF Field Manual  EmptyWed Oct 03, 2012 10:13 pm

IMO, it would be better to break it up into a collection of Wiki pages, rather than a monolithic PDF. Specifically, doing so would afford the following benefits:

• Anyone with write-access to the Wiki could edit it, and the history of changes would be tracked.
  • The various images (diagrams, etc.) could be saved off and/or printed out separately.
  • We could easily link to external content.
  • Individual pages could be bookmarked.
  • The pages could be organized logically.

As far as the content itself, I think the content in there is very useful. However, I think it ought to be broken up into separate documents covering specific topics. The size of that PDF is just overwhelming.

Back to top Go down
vanhefty

vanhefty

PostSubject: Re: The new FF Field Manual    The new FF Field Manual  EmptyThu Oct 04, 2012 9:15 pm

First off:
HUGE MASSIVE BUILDING SIZED PROPS TO JUDGE AND POCHEESE!
Massive!

TS Requirements:
You will be able LISTEN on TS at all times, or specifically excuse yourself from coms when you sign on.
Talking on TS is always an option if you are soldier.
Keybinds simply won't work adequately on Mac systems, so that out.
No overlays on MAC, you noted that, but keep it in mind at all times. Please announce yourself when you sign in to TS
Please announce yourself when you get in game by typing S! or O/ or variant in squad chat.
You will ALWAYS monitor squad text chat!
I don't like headphones so I don't use em unless there is noise in the room.
I like the bit about not complaining every time you are killed. It gets old real fast lol.

TS is absolutely KEY to making a successful coordinated effort.
Text chat is equally important. We have to make sure every one in the squad monitors that as well.

More later!

I personally like Wiki style things. They are easy to read in chunks. They are easy to comment on as you go through the document.
If you wanted to do a wiki I would love to see it.
Back to top Go down
vanhefty

vanhefty

PostSubject: Re: The new FF Field Manual    The new FF Field Manual  EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 10:47 pm

Flak30: all the comments on the AA part are pretty sound.
The ground support comments are not exactly what I would call correct.
The dispersion of the HE has been somewhat improved and you no longer require a direct hit to kill infantry.
The HE round are very effective against soft targets: other guns of all types, as well as trucks. Direct hits with the HE rounds on the tires of both Panards and DACs will almost always take off the tires.
The AP rounds are capable of killing EVERY allied tank, including Shermans. I will be working on pin pointing the kill spots with the Flak30 during this campaign and hope to have addendum to the guides before the end of Campaign.
The AP rounds are also capable of kill all the lighter allied guns frontally, the heavier ones you need to be within 500meters.

The sighting system on the Flak30 is identical to that on the Bofors, though it uses a squared representation of the range speed circles.
Use AP against all Allied bombers except the Blenheim.
Use HE against all fighters.
On bombers Aim for DEAD centre, or the wing roots.
On fighters Aim for DEAD centre.
The Flak30 requires at least 2 hits to kill a fighter and 4 to kill a bomber in my experience.

The Flak30 is a great CP defence gun, it can even be deployed inside the CP entrance.
Back to top Go down
rpw1

rpw1

PostSubject: Re: The new FF Field Manual    The new FF Field Manual  EmptyMon Oct 08, 2012 9:36 pm

Downloading it now!! For what ever reason I could not DL it before! Judge and Pocheese are warriors for doing this! Thank you boys!
Back to top Go down
http://www.claymoremedia.com
Carbon

Carbon

PostSubject: Re: The new FF Field Manual    The new FF Field Manual  EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 6:41 am

Wow - impressive, great job Pocheese and Judge in putting this manual together!

As to the mortar range table using Longitude/Latitude - anything wrong with the "Mortar Guide by tex64" (can be found here? I'm no mortar expert but this has been working for me - more or less.

IMHO I believe the section about Fire-Teams and Squad-Formations go a little overboard for a video game and I think some of it works differently in WWII-Online then in real life (example: suppressing fire only has limited value in such a game). I can see where you come from (I've trained recruits myself), but unless we would put some serious training hours in, I won't believe in seeing this Soon™. Good read non the less.
Back to top Go down
Judge-FF

Judge-FF

PostSubject: Re: The new FF Field Manual    The new FF Field Manual  EmptyTue Jan 22, 2013 3:04 am

Bouncy bouncy
Back to top Go down
vanhefty

vanhefty

PostSubject: Re: The new FF Field Manual    The new FF Field Manual  EmptyTue Jan 22, 2013 3:52 am

Mortar usage is way simpler than that.
I'll post a quick tutorial in training tomorrow if I don't get too much home work.
Back to top Go down
Judge-FF

Judge-FF

PostSubject: Re: The new FF Field Manual    The new FF Field Manual  EmptySat Apr 06, 2013 11:22 pm

Bump
Back to top Go down
vanhefty

vanhefty

PostSubject: Re: The new FF Field Manual    The new FF Field Manual  EmptySun Apr 07, 2013 2:15 am

Oh crap. I completely forgot to post the easy mode mortar guide
Back to top Go down
WStriker

WStriker

PostSubject: Re: The new FF Field Manual    The new FF Field Manual  EmptySun Apr 07, 2013 9:37 am

Clicked the link, had to send a request for access to it, so I haven't viewed it yet. Request by jlmccoy@gmail.com was from me. It's an alternate e-mail account that I almost never use. jlmccoy76@aol.com is primary.
Back to top Go down
Dell1939

PostSubject: Dell needs Access   The new FF Field Manual  EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 5:04 pm

I need access please. holling.christopher518@gmail.com Smile
Back to top Go down
genthc

PostSubject: Re: The new FF Field Manual    The new FF Field Manual  EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 7:09 pm

i just requested this,

complexs6@gmail.com

Im glad someone has to approve people seeing this file and not letting it out in the open where our enemies can copy it.
Back to top Go down
Judge-FF

Judge-FF

PostSubject: Re: The new FF Field Manual    The new FF Field Manual  EmptyWed Apr 10, 2013 10:26 pm

hang in there for your access guys, I have to message pocheese, the guy that has the right to grant access if he hasn't already for ya.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The new FF Field Manual    The new FF Field Manual  Empty

Back to top Go down

The new FF Field Manual
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The 85th Fallschirmjager Regiment Forums  :: General Chatter-
Jump to: