The 85th Fallschirmjager Regiment Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  Log in  

Interesting Photo's, vintage

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Judge-FF

Judge-FF

Interesting Photo's, vintage  Empty
PostSubject: Interesting Photo's, vintage    Interesting Photo's, vintage  EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 3:22 am

Heres just some photo's of some of the Axis conversions I've seen.

Interesting Photo's, vintage  Capped10
M3 Lee

Interesting Photo's, vintage  Charg10
Char B1-Bis

Interesting Photo's, vintage  P178ef10
Panhard

Interesting Photo's, vintage  M4a3_s11
M4A3 Sherman

Interesting Photo's, vintage  Churge10
Churchill

Interesting Photo's, vintage  Somua10
Somua

Interesting Photo's, vintage  Ironcr10

Back to top Go down
rpw1

rpw1

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Photo's, vintage    Interesting Photo's, vintage  EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 12:20 pm

Wow! I know the Nazi's used captured equipment. but I had no idea the extent of it. Thanks Judge!
Back to top Go down
http://www.claymoremedia.com
vanhefty

vanhefty

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Photo's, vintage    Interesting Photo's, vintage  EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 2:31 am

My grandfather had a few photos from the war showing converted or captured Nazi equipment.
Pretty amazing stuff. Like German Bren carriers for example. But also, Canadian Half Tracks and MG42s etc.
I guess you use what you can get.
Back to top Go down
Judge-FF

Judge-FF

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Photo's, vintage    Interesting Photo's, vintage  EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 12:13 pm

Notice on the Bis, the absecence of the hull mounted 76 mm?
Back to top Go down
Judge-FF

Judge-FF

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Photo's, vintage    Interesting Photo's, vintage  EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 11:22 pm

yet a few more...

Interesting Photo's, vintage  R3510
Renault R-35

Interesting Photo's, vintage  Hotchk12
Hotchkiss H-35

This is one is very, very interesting. Will have a recap at the bottom of the second pic
Interesting Photo's, vintage  M10_er10
Interesting Photo's, vintage  Panthe10
In preparations for the Ardennes Offensive, around 10 Ausf Gs were converted to resemble American Gun Motor Carriage M10 tank destroyer. The conversion was done by welding additional metal sheets to the turret and hull along with application of US Army camouflage and markings. Designated Ersatz (Substitute) M10, they all equipped Panzer Brigade 150, commanded by SS-Standartenfuehrer Otto Skorzeny

Goliath tanks
Interesting Photo's, vintage  Goliat10
If you don't know what these are, these were remote controled tanks. Germans invented these, for various reasons, as you can look them up and find out. They were very much, a head of thier time on these.
Back to top Go down
Trifftnix

Trifftnix

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Photo's, vintage    Interesting Photo's, vintage  EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 10:09 am

2 pics of my favorit ww2 tank - the Leichttracktor
this is my choice, if I would be asked what tank to get into wwiionline.
Interesting Photo's, vintage  Leicht10

Interesting Photo's, vintage  Leicht11

and my modern favorit - the Wiesel
it can also deployed via parachute drop - the perfect FF plaything. Smile
it uses a stock VW Golf motor and can go 80kmh if tuned a bit.
Interesting Photo's, vintage  001g10

Interesting Photo's, vintage  030g10

and more pics are found there: http://www.panzer-modell.de/referenz/in_detail/wiesel_mk20/wiesel_mk20.htm
Back to top Go down
http://kali-fighter.de/
vanhefty

vanhefty

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Photo's, vintage    Interesting Photo's, vintage  EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 1:41 pm

Interesting Photo's, vintage  Chev-c11

Canadian Military Pattern Gun Tractor. Chev 6 cal engine, 20mm armour, 5 seats, gun jack on rear. designed to carry the 17 pdr at speed over hills and across country. 4wd. Starting in 1930. Later replaced by the CT15 below.

Interesting Photo's, vintage  Archer10

Archer anti-tank platform Mounting first the 17 pdr then the 25. It was designed to be driven with the gun facing the rear. There are pintles for machine guns front and rear. First starting in 1942, some 3000 were produced and deployed with Canadian Forces. It uses the Canadian Valliant hull and engine.

Interesting Photo's, vintage  Kangar10

Based on the Canadian RAM tank platform though made entirely by Ford of Canada in their Windsor plant. It was meant to replace the Canadian Universal Carriers, though it never did. Only 100 saw service

Interesting Photo's, vintage  Sexton10

The Sexton: 17 and 25 pdr variations. Again, RAM chasis. This and the Priest, a lighter variation, we very successful mobile artillery, used both as indirect fire artillery and direct fire close support, including anti-tank. 60 of these landed with Canadian Troops at D-day. 80 at Anzio. Later in the war they were refit with newer engines and the 105mm long rifled gun.

Interesting Photo's, vintage  C15_sm10

The venerable Canadian Truck 15. 20mm armour all over, open canvas top with 4 gun pintels and one turret ring for a 30 cal machine gun.
They could be equipped with the artillery jack and ammo racks. They began to see service in 1943 and by DDay there were 3000 on the beach with Canadian Troops. Anyone who lives in Holland has probably seen these trucks or the their variants because at the end of the war we left them ALL behind. Not a single one every saw service in Canada. And at the end of the war Canada adopted the Swedish Bandvagon as it's standard transport for infantry and artillery. You still see the some Bandvagon's used in training cadres in Canada. There used to be about 300 of them at the base in Calgary. Last time I visited was in 2002.

IF BGE were to add one vehicle to the game I would say add the Archer. It was an incredible tank killer, and really fast. It was used very successfully for long range ambush and shoot and scoot support.

I would really like to see BGE add Canadian forces, not only because I'm Canadian, but because Canada contributed almost as much equipment and manpower to the European Theatre as the Americans, and far far more than the british or any other allied country. By 1944 1.2 milliion Canadian soldiers were on the ground in Europe. And that does not include the more than 250,000 Canadians serving with the US forces in Europe. Canadian Equipment differed significantly from British and American equipment having an entirely different design philosophy from either nation. Not the least of which is a doctrine of anti-tank rather than tank equipped. Canadian soldiers were issued AT round for their 303 rifles starting in 1932. Every single soldier was issued a few rounds of AT rifle ammo, the famous tungsten penetrator. Anyway, it would be nice. But I don't see it happening.
Back to top Go down
rpw1

rpw1

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Photo's, vintage    Interesting Photo's, vintage  EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 4:13 pm

Its because they are afraid of us Hefty. There was more fighting done by Canadian troops in WW II than the French ever did.
Back to top Go down
http://www.claymoremedia.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Photo's, vintage    Interesting Photo's, vintage  Empty

Back to top Go down

Interesting Photo's, vintage
Page 1 of 1