The 85th Fallschirmjager Regiment Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  Log in  

Introduction and thanks.

Go down 
+4
fnbeans
rpw1
Judge-FF
StuGIII
8 posters
AuthorMessage
StuGIII

StuGIII

Introduction and thanks. Empty
PostSubject: Introduction and thanks.   Introduction and thanks. EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 10:35 am

Hi all,

Just joined the unit late last week, and wanted to say hello and thanks.

I'm a 37 year old graphic designer and history major living in Austin, TX. My grandfather retired from the Army as a Colonel after serving in the Army Air Corps during WWII, and the National Guard during the Korea and Vietnam wars as a pilot. He was later given a brevet promotion to Brigadier General. Growing up, he instilled a love in my brother and I of all things WWII.

I served as an 0311 Rifleman and 0311 anti-tank assaultman in the Marine Corps reserve from 1993 - 2001.

Anyway, I started playing WWII online back in 2001 when it first came out, but the cumbersome game engine, lack of squads, and my general inability to dig into the in-depth systems of the game led me to quit playing a few months later. After seeing the Kickstarter for RA, I found out WWII Online was still around, and figured that any game that had survived this long had to have something to it, so I signed up for the free trial, fumbled around a bit, died (a lot) and decided to subscribe the same day.

Found the Flying Fallschirmjäger website, and applied, then jumped on teamspeak and got recruited, and I have to say, had a blast playing with some of you guys this weekend. Wanted to say thanks to Striker, Rpw1, Judge, Potato, pocheese, and SSgtDave for the help in-game and training.

Looking forward to playing with all of you guys.

Last edited by StuGIII on Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Judge-FF

Judge-FF

PostSubject: Re: Introduction and thanks.   Introduction and thanks. EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 11:01 am

No problem Stug. We are here to be elite together.

That and cackle at the bad jokes.
Back to top Go down
rpw1

rpw1

PostSubject: Re: Introduction and thanks.   Introduction and thanks. EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 11:45 am

Welcome aboard bud! We are glad to have you with us. Smile And my jokes are never bad, unlike the Judges. Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.claymoremedia.com
Judge-FF

Judge-FF

PostSubject: Re: Introduction and thanks.   Introduction and thanks. EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 4:39 pm

rpw1 wrote:
Welcome aboard bud! We are glad to have you with us. Smile And my jokes are never bad, unlike the Judges. Wink

Yes, but you still laugh.

Tee hee!
Back to top Go down
fnbeans

PostSubject: Re: Introduction and thanks.   Introduction and thanks. EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 3:03 am

and I'll say again, don't forget the nose plugs! (at Judge's jokes) =) tee-hee that!
Back to top Go down
Judge-FF

Judge-FF

PostSubject: Re: Introduction and thanks.   Introduction and thanks. EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 3:16 am

fnbeans wrote:
and I'll say again, don't forget the nose plugs! (at Judge's jokes) =) tee-hee that!

Yes we have your normal bowling pin nose plugs already set aside for you beans.

Tee hee
Back to top Go down
Wolviedk

Wolviedk

PostSubject: Re: Introduction and thanks.   Introduction and thanks. EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 4:11 am

Welcome to the squad!
Back to top Go down
vanhefty

vanhefty

PostSubject: Re: Introduction and thanks.   Introduction and thanks. EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 12:41 pm

Welcome indeed!
Back to top Go down
ohanselo
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Introduction and thanks.   Introduction and thanks. EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 1:15 pm

a pleasure to have you with us and look forward to working with you.
Back to top Go down
https://flyingfall.forumotion.com
sleeger

sleeger

PostSubject: Re: Introduction and thanks.   Introduction and thanks. EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 1:22 am

Any guy named Stug should be welcomed with open arms. : )
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Introduction and thanks.   Introduction and thanks. Empty

Back to top Go down

Introduction and thanks.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The 85th Fallschirmjager Regiment Forums  :: General Chatter-
Jump to: