The 85th Fallschirmjager Regiment Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  Log in  

FF as allied for a campaign?

Go down 
+2
vanhefty
Rossco
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Rossco

Rossco

FF as allied for a campaign? Empty
PostSubject: FF as allied for a campaign?   FF as allied for a campaign? EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 2:31 am

Some of you may remember how last year FF went allied for a campaign, and I wanted to know if any of you would be interested in that again? We will of course need permission from Ohan, and if he thinks this is a bad idea it will be a no go. I just feel really bad for the allies after finding out they've been on a losing streak. Just something to think about.

--Rossco
Back to top Go down
vanhefty

vanhefty

PostSubject: Re: FF as allied for a campaign?   FF as allied for a campaign? EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 3:48 am

I left playing Allied.
I was HC on the allied side for three months before I decided to play Axis.
There is a reason they are on a losing streak.

I could actually go on, and have extensively on allied HC, but the point is that I will under no circumstance, and for what I feel are compelling reason, not ever play a full campaign as allied.

If you guys decide to do so, I will absolutely respect that choice, but I won't play allied until they fix the deep structural problems in their HC.

I know that sounds rather bad and negative, but at this time, that's how I honestly feel.

If you want a more detailed analysis of the situation I can certainly oblige.
Back to top Go down
Rossco

Rossco

PostSubject: Re: FF as allied for a campaign?   FF as allied for a campaign? EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 12:32 pm

We'll leave no man behind. Scrap this idea.
Back to top Go down
ohanselo
Admin

PostSubject: Re: FF as allied for a campaign?   FF as allied for a campaign? EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 1:21 pm

Rossco wrote:

haha i love you rossco, and were you here last time we did it?
Back to top Go down
https://flyingfall.forumotion.com
eggert

eggert

PostSubject: LGI   FF as allied for a campaign? EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 6:46 pm

The German High Command is not nearly as well organized as it used to be, but it's still light years ahead of the best the AHC has ever been.

Way back in 2004, some of us old-timers from the AHC and GHC (including me, Badger, Hondo, Helmman, Popeye, Thesnipe, Mango, and Bable, just to name a few) got fed up with the defeatism on the Allied side and decided to do something about it. We created an Allied squad named La Garde Imperiale (named after Napoleon's elite bodyguard unit) for the express purpose of demonstrating that there was nothing wrong with the Allied equipment and that all the Allies needed to do to win was get organized and stop blaming the Rats for their problems.

We were highly successful for about two years, but eventually attrition took its toll as several of the founding members stopped playing the game (and by that point my computer was so obsolete that I was hardly playing at all myself), and I eventually (around 2008) disbanded the squad.

Archived snapshots of the original website (including Badger's mispelling of the domain name):
http://wayback.archive.org/web/20040801000000*/http://www.lagardeimperial.com

Sadly, it appears that the Wayback Machine didn't archive the newer "Web 2.0" version of the website (featuring a correctly spelled .org domain!).

Here's the last snapshot of the old site before the new site was unveiled:
http://web.archive.org/web/20060210043138/http://www.lagardeimperial.com/

Back to top Go down
vanhefty

vanhefty

PostSubject: Re: FF as allied for a campaign?   FF as allied for a campaign? EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 8:49 pm

Nice, that's exactly what both sides need.
Big Balls attitude!
Anyway, Allied HC isn't going to happen anytime soon Im afraid. But it is slowly moving in the right direction. There are a few good men on now.
Back to top Go down
Rossco

Rossco

PostSubject: Re: FF as allied for a campaign?   FF as allied for a campaign? EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 1:19 am

ohanselo wrote:
Rossco wrote:

haha i love you rossco, and were you here last time we did it?

Yeah, I was.
Back to top Go down
Rossco

Rossco

PostSubject: Re: FF as allied for a campaign?   FF as allied for a campaign? EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 1:22 am

vanhefty wrote:
Nice, that's exactly what both sides need.
Big Balls attitude!
Anyway, Allied HC isn't going to happen anytime soon Im afraid. But it is slowly moving in the right direction. There are a few good men on now.

And I would actually be quite interested to hear your opinions about the problems of AHC.
Back to top Go down
vanhefty

vanhefty

PostSubject: Re: FF as allied for a campaign?   FF as allied for a campaign? EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 2:23 am

Its a complex situation.
1) CiC is not on anywhere near enough. He does not direct the flow of the Allied plans. He does not provide active feedback on the days events. In short, he is not present enough to be CiC.

2) That leads to problem #2. HC lack any focus on what they are doing during their tenure. Result, one TZ will deplete all the front line regiments leaving nothing for the next TZ to work with. A MOIC will setup something and then leave the map 1/2 finished. Brigades all over the place in bizarre placements on timers. No one has a clue what he was thinking, and he leaves a message in the forums: No HC, logging. Wow, that's useful!

3) 90% of HC will not answer calls for help nor take the map. Nor AOiC nor DOiC. That creates massive pressure on the MOIC.

4) MOIC will not listen to advice, will not answer questions, will not deviate from their unstated goal, will not state their plan to other HC.

And then there are all the problems that stem from those. MOIC who is in X Squad will pick objectives that his squad wants to do, regardless if they are good for the map or the rest of the PB.

It's a huge mess. BUT!!! There are a few good HC now who are trying to make a difference.
Back to top Go down
Rossco

Rossco

PostSubject: Re: FF as allied for a campaign?   FF as allied for a campaign? EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 4:39 pm

I feel bad for the players of the allied side. They can't control having crappy HC officers. Oh well, guess if they really wanted something done, they should join HC to try and make a difference Razz
Back to top Go down
Wolviedk

Wolviedk

PostSubject: Re: FF as allied for a campaign?   FF as allied for a campaign? EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 11:24 pm

By all means play allied....You will die to my 20mm's on my 109 though! Twisted Evil I would be a NO on this one honestly, unless of course there was no doubt 100% FF participation....
Back to top Go down
bob5

PostSubject: Re: FF as allied for a campaign?   FF as allied for a campaign? EmptySat Jun 30, 2012 6:03 am

as i'm in OKW i would have to say no. haha
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FF as allied for a campaign?   FF as allied for a campaign? Empty

Back to top Go down

FF as allied for a campaign?
Page 1 of 1