HomeHome  RegisterRegister  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 

Well SOB!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Wolviedk

PostSubject: Well SOB!!!   Fri May 18, 2012 9:35 pm

Well I just got back from my camping/fishing trip only to turn on my gaming computer to get some error message about my sata drive not being recognized......The computer proceeded to lock up on the windows screen. I restarted only to have it NOT start again and the power button is now blinking orange. I can push and hold the power button and I hear it click off, then push it again only to hear a click then proceeded by a blinking orange power button. Needless to say I am out of the loop for a bit until I can figure out what to do since money doesn't grow on trees and I don't have alot of extra right now. I am afraid the MB is toast or the power supply is toast......Any ideas?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
eggert

PostSubject: Re: Well SOB!!!   Sun May 20, 2012 1:35 pm

Did you remember to turn off your power strip before leaving for your trip?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wolviedk

PostSubject: Re: Well SOB!!!   Sun May 20, 2012 7:23 pm

Eggert,

No it was not turned off. I have not done that for 5 years now with 2 other computers before this one. Still waiting to hear from my buddy what exactly it is. Thinking power supply. I might just have him build me a new computer. I gave him the requirement specs for ww2. He is thinking he can build me one for around $600 meeting WW2's specifications and piecing my old one out. New i7 processor 8Gb or ram and new op system 64 bit win 7 as opposed to my old of a dual core 5 year old win 32bit XP. We shall see.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coke!

PostSubject: Re: Well SOB!!!   Sun May 20, 2012 11:09 pm

sounds like the mobo to me, if it were the power supply it will usually just be your case lights that come on, if even that
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ohanselo
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Well SOB!!!   Sun May 20, 2012 11:37 pm

i miss you wolvie !
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://flyingfall.forumotion.com
Wolviedk

PostSubject: Re: Well SOB!!!   Mon May 21, 2012 10:40 am

Tell me about it man......hopefully by the end of the week it gets resolved.....this sucks! And I am on vacation right now with time on my hands. I could be playing!!.....Wish this laptop could handle the game!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wolviedk

PostSubject: Re: Well SOB!!!   Mon May 21, 2012 10:46 pm

Apparently my computer has a mind of its own....guess it has become self aware, LOL! So my buddy has had it for 3 days , turned it on it has worked since....Unfortunately he is also a firefighter on a 48/96 schedule and is at work the next 2 days. I will hopefully be back up online by sometime Weds.....Only thing he said he had to do was update some drivers from Dell. Crossing my fingers! Shocked
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fnbeans

PostSubject: Re: Well SOB!!!   Tue May 22, 2012 2:17 pm

I had an older power supply die in my box about 6 months ago as well (I build my own systems) and it would turn on visually in the case but the screen never posted. I went round and round for over 2 weeks trying different parts in another box to narrow it down, what a nightmare. I have no patience either so this was like hell on earth. I put everything back in the case as it was before for whatever reason and fired it up and poof! the damn thing just exploded inside and shot out all the white smoke from capacitors and burnt wiring. Ordered a new power supply and she is as good as new! afro
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wolviedk

PostSubject: Re: Well SOB!!!   Tue May 22, 2012 2:42 pm

Yeah my buddy says its running fine and he left it on for 2 days straight to see if anything would happen...Still running he says. I have no friggin clue. I guess we will see what happens in the coming weeks.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rpw1

PostSubject: Re: Well SOB!!!   Tue May 22, 2012 9:16 pm

Buy a Mac! Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.claymoremedia.com
Wolviedk

PostSubject: Re: Well SOB!!!   Tue May 22, 2012 10:10 pm

Negative Ghost Rider!! I will stick with the good ole fashioned PC!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
eggert

PostSubject: Re: Well SOB!!!   Thu May 24, 2012 12:19 am

I've had machines where if there was a power outage, afterwards you'd have to turn it on and off a couple times before it would POST.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wolviedk

PostSubject: Re: Well SOB!!!   Fri May 25, 2012 12:59 am

I have plugged everything back in and for some stinking reason my mic is not working at all. I can get sound in the headset but no voice. I tried my settings in the control panel , they all say my sound card.....Its so frustrating I am ready to throw this thing down my driveway. All the 3.5mm jacks are in the right spot in the sound card and placed back where they were before the computer problems existed. Anyone have any ideas other than the mic being broken ( which I did not do anything to it) Any ideas would be helpful....I am running Win XP home

Back to top Go down
View user profile
eggert

PostSubject: Re: Well SOB!!!   Sat May 26, 2012 7:14 pm

Getting analog microphones to work properly in Windows is a pain in the ass. You probably have the microphone muted in some obscure setting somewhere.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Well SOB!!!   

Back to top Go down

Well SOB!!!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The 85th Fallschirmjager Regiment Forums  :: General Chatter-
Jump to: